Western Michigan University School of Music will be hiring an Assistant Professor of Multimedia Arts Technology - Tenure Track. Please distribute. Details below.
To locate the specific job click on "search positions" and then enter the posting number - 0604275 or select "School of Music" under the department list.
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track 0604275 School Of Music I30 Tenure Track Exempt $56,000 - $59,000 Plus a generous benefit package - Teach courses in the Multimedia Arts Technology-Music (MAT) Program, including courses involving creating audio for video and video editing, upper-level special topics courses, and overseeing year-long Capstone Projects.
- Coordinate the MAT program, including managing of technology in workspaces, planning budgets to acquire new/replacement technology, and overseeing graduate students.
- Engage in service to the School, College, and University; and in recruitment activities.
- Collaborate with other faculty.
- Other teaching and non-teaching assignments determined by departmental needs and applicant qualifications.
- MM or MFA in Multimedia Arts Technology or related field, such as Music Technology, Sound Art, or a degree focused on digital media from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of and experience working with both audio and video software and hardware.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Demonstrated record of professional activities and research involving digital media, including non-academic projects such as sound design, music for video games or other media, video projects, computer programming work, designing electronics, live sound reinforcement and event management, and/or presentations of your research or creative work at academic conferences.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborative arts.
- PhD or DMA in Multimedia Arts Technology or related field, such as Music Technology, a degree focused on digital media, or a degree involving creative work with digital media.
- Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level as the instructor of record.
- A broad knowledge of multimedia arts technology in order to facilitate and assist with diverse Capstone Projects.
- Skills, experience, or knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Generating audio for visual media, including MIDI Orchestration and sound design
- Live sound reinforcement
- Audio engineering
- Computer programming related to the arts
- Electrical engineering related to audio and visual projects
- Research or client-based work in one or more of the following:
- Generating and editing audio for video projects
- Generating and editing video for audiovisual projects
- Live sound reinforcement and event production
- Building electronics for audio and/or video projects
- Computer programming for audio and/or video projects
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
List of References
Other required documents; List of audio and video hardware and software with which you have worked, divided into two categories: expert and experienced.
List of (3) References including phone numbers.
Three letters of recommendation.
Please submit the letters of recommendation electronically (Interfolio preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR by mail:
WMU School of Music
1903 W Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5434
GO TO: http://www.wmich.edu/hr/em ployees/faculty for benefits and other information. 12-08-2017 Open Until Filled
Faculty Credential Summary