PRIX CIME 2019
Electroacoustic Music Competition
The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music is pleased to announce the biennial PRIX CIME 2019 international electroacoustic music competition.
The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music (ICEM) was founded in 1981 in Bourges, France and since then it is a member of the International Music Council (IMC). CIME-ICEM is a non-profit international organization consisting of National Federations and Organization/ Institution Members (OIM).
Today, the ICEM consists of fifteen National Federations: FARME (Argentina), FeBeME - BeFEM (Belgium), CECh (Chile), EMAC (China), LNME (Cuba), Charm of Sound (Finland), BEAN (Great Britain), HELMCA (Greece), HCMF (Hungary), AARSOM (Mexico), PSeME (Poland), Miso Music (Portugal), AMEE (Spain), AMEG (Switzerland), and UAEM (Ukraine);
and ten International Organization Members: GrupLac in Bogota (Colombia), Spectro Center in Tehran (Iran), CMMAS in Morelia (Mexico), Institute of Sonology in Hague (Netherlands), Tempo Reale in Florence (Italy), CEAMMC in Moscow (Russia), The Orquesta del Caos in Barcelona (Spain), ICST in Zurich (Switzerland), CEMI in Denton (USA), Australasian Computer Music Association (Australia).
PARTICIPATING RESIDENCY STUDIOS
CMMAS - Morelia/ Mexico
Mexican Center for Music and Sonic Arts (director: Rodrigo Sigal)
CEMI/UNT - Denton, TX/ USA
Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia (director: Panayiotis Kokoras)
CEAMMC – Moscow/ Russia
Moscow Conservatory Centre for Electroacoustic Music (director: Igor Kefalidis)
SMEAMuz - Krakow/ Poland
Studio for Electroacoustic Music at the Academy of Music in Krakow - SME (director: Marek Choloniewski)
TEMPO REALE - Florence/Italy
Centro di ricerca produzione e didattica musicale (director: Francesco Giomi)
ICST - Zurich/ Switzerland
Institute for Computer Music and Sound Technology (director: German Toro Perez)
For more information please visit:
Deadline for Submissions is May 31, 2019
The competition is divided in two categories:
- Category 1: Prix CIME - Open to all composers regardless of age.
- Category 2: Residency Prix CIME - Open to all composers born after December 31, 1984.
- The competition is open to all regardless of gender, nationality, affiliation and regardless if your country of residence is a member of ICEM.
- Applicants may submit only one composition.
- Only works written within the last 5 years will be considered.
- Anonymous submission is required.
- There is no duration limitation
- There is no entry fee.
- Open to all forms of electroacoustic music including:
- fixed audio
- instrument(s) and electronics (fixed and/or live)
- video music
- sound art and new interfaces
- Work in progress will not be considered.
Submit the online application form. Click on the link below to access the online application form:
The submitted material must be anonymized. In the field “Link, Submission Materials” please provide a valid permanent link to your work using a file hosting service like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. Upload a single .zip file named with the title and the year of your composition (e.g. title_2019.zip). This zipped folder must include all submission materials, such as audio files (include a stereo reduction for multichannel works), video files, the musical score of the work in .pdf, etc. Make sure the link will remain active until June 30, 2019.
José Manuel Berenguer (Spain)
Gonzalo Biffarella (Argentina)
Francesco Giomi (Italy)
Manuel Rocha Iturbide (Mexico)
Konstantinos Karathanasis (Greece)
Idin Samimi Mofakham (Iran)
Adam Stanović (UK)
Lidia Zielinska (Poland)
- The competition will award the following prizes:
- Category 1 - Prix CIME (the prize could be divisible in the case of ex aequo).
- Category 2 - Residency Prix CIME (1 to 6 residencies).
- The Studio Residencies for category 2 include 1-2 weeks studio support, accommodation, and lodging arranged by each center independently. The participating centers will be announced in due time.
- The selected works from both categories will receive:
- ICEM CD/DVD release
- Distribution to the ICEM members for concert/broadcast programming
- Performance at the ICEM annual festival.
- Online publication
- There is no prize money for the awarded works
- The jury has the right to award Honorable Mentions
- Open call February 2019.
- Deadline for submissions May 31, 2019.
- Final deliberations and announcement during the ICEM General Assembly in October 2019.
The competition is administered by the ICEM Main Board. Please direct questions about the competition or the submission process to the ICEM Secretary Panayiotis Kokoras at firstname.lastname@example.org